Dyslexia and FREE Ice Cream

So I have made a commitment to be more of a real blogger. Tell you about great deals but also tell you about my life. If you have read my blog for any amount of time at all you might have noticed I have a bit of a dyslexic mind. No matter how much I reread and edit there are always a few mistakes that slip into my post. I am an adult so I own my issues. It is who I am and has made me who I am.

When I was a child I did not own my issues. I was embarrassed. Kids made fun of me because I had to go to a "special" class for help. I could go on a rant about how bad the school system was for kids like me in the 70's and 80's before the world of IEPs and 504's but I will spear you.

So now fast forward 27 years and I have kids with a lot of my same issues. It has taken us years to find the right school situation for our oldest son. We have found a good school situation for him and he is blessed by teachers who love and understand him. I was blessed by God's timing to make it to my son's awards program on the last day of school and these are the words his teacher said about him while giving him the Best Student Award... " My, dad always told me good manners would get you everywhere in life. The student who is getting my Lead Mentee Award is the most polite student I have every taught. I trust this student 100%. My Lead Mentee is Logan." 

Why am I telling you all this? Well, because now is the time to take your child's report and get FREE goodies.


Here is a list of places I have tested in Lexington, KY and know the programs work.

Chuck E. Cheese gives free tokens


Krispy Kreme Doughnut will give a doughnut for every A with a max of 6 doughnuts


Great Harvest Bread will give a free cookie



Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt Kentucky you get 1oz off your order for each A on your report card


Graeter's Ice Cream will give your child a free scoop grades K-8. And yes, Lexington Graeter's is coming back this spring in a new Chevy Chase location.

Pin It